HAIA Foundation • 91-1795 Lauo Street • Ewa Beach, HI 96706 • Phone (808) 636-6929 • Fax (808-744-4951)
JOIN THE HAIA TEAM!
BE A PART OF OUR TEAM
* Inspire a dream by mentoring a child.
* Increase a child's academic skills and success by tutoring or reading.
* Coach or guide Youth in a sport or creative activity.
* Chaperone college visits and/or educational field trips.
* Volunteer at special events such as our Annual Charity Golf Tournament or the Annual Food Drive.
* Lead the way by hosting a career day at your company or encouraging employees to become mentors, tutors, or other volunteers.
* Sponsor a Child by pledging $25,000 , payable over five years.
* Support their dreams by giving a donation.
MENTOR A CHILD
Become a Mentor - Being a mentor is easy and fun! If you are 21 years of age or older, can pass a background check, and have a reliable car/transportation, you can apply to be a mentor. Please contact HAIA Foundation Office at (808) 636-6929.
* One year, with the opportunity to continue.
* Two visits a month for the first three months, then one visit a month.
* Weekly contact via phone, text, Internet, regular mail, or email.
* Age 21 or older
* Complete a background check.
* Participate in a home interview and attend a new mentor training
The California Mentor Foundation surveyed 124 mentor programs with 36,251 mentors and 57,659 mentees. The survey showed that:
* 98% stayed in school
* 85% did not use drugs
* 98% were deterred from teen pregnancy
* 98% did not join a gang
VOLUNTEER IN ANOTHER WAY!
There is no end to volunteer possibilities at the "HAIA FOUNDATION". You can assist in our after school program, host Youth at your place of business for a career visit, or talk to a group of students about your college experience. For more information, submit an inquiry here:
Simply fill out and submit the form http://www.ihadla.org/volunteer_app.php, or download the PDF http://www.ihadla.org/volunteer/ihadla-Volunteertutorapplication.pdf
and print it out and mail or fax it to us.
TUTOR, READ, COACH, OR PREPARE A CHILD FOR COLLEGE
* Provide tutoring or homework assistance after school to either 3rd to 6th graders, 7th to 8th graders, or 9th to 12th graders.
* Read to a small group of elementary school children between 3 p.m. And 5 p.m. Weekdays to help strengthen their literacy skills.
* Assist high school youth with researching colleges, pursuing scholarships and financial aid, and exploring career interests online in the computer lab.
* Share your knowledge of a sport, art or skill with any child of any age.